• The Frisco ISD Marching Band Showcase is Tuesday from 6:30-9:30 at the Ford Center at The Star
  • Find Your Future: Big 10 Night is Tuesday from 6-8 p.m. at Memorial HS
  • Homecoming dance is Sept. 23 from 7-10 p.m.

In this weekly blog, staff reporter Lilian Johnson talks about everything pop culture.
Pop of Culture: Matilda
Lilian Johnson, Staff Reporter

Last week I watched Matilda for the first time. I was...

Cross country took on the rigorous course of the Southlake Invitational with top finishes for both boys and girls. “I am very satisfied with the time I ran this weekend,” Senior Sydni Wilkins said.
Top finishes for cross country at the Southlake Invitational
Lilian Johnson, Sports Reporter

Cross country competed in the Southlake Invitational...

After defeating the Knights on Tuesday, Redhawk volleyball becomes 5-0 in district play. “The win is great but there is still lots of time left in the season,” junior Andrea Juneau said.
Winning streak continues for Volleyball as they defeat the Knights
Addyson Schick, Sports Editor

Volleyball had their second sweep of the week, winning...

September 25 Daily Update
September 25 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer • September 25, 2023

WTV's Joaquin Perez brings you today's news and announcements including senior yearbook pictures, the next Find Your Future Night, and this week's...

Board of Trustees holds September meeting Monday

Remi Williams
The monthly board meeting is being held Monday from 6:30-7:30 p.m. On the agenda are a resolution on chaplains in school, the 2023-24 improvement plan, and more.

The Frisco ISD Board of Trustees is hosting their monthly meeting Monday from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at the FISD Administration Building where a variety of topics are scheduled to be discussed. 

Among those is the District Improvement Plan which is an annual plan created for the year’s improvement efforts, and it is up for approval at the September meeting, The changes cover areas of a future-ready focused staff and social/emotional needs.

“This year, in regard to your initiatives that we have, one of those is growing the future ready, readiness on our campus,” principal Stacey Whaling said. “Ms. Evans and Mr. Sabatier, they are two of my future-ready ambassadors, and they’re doing a lot of really cool future-ready work on campus, trying to support teachers in following that mindset and bridge that gap of why are we doing this.”

Also on the agenda is Senate Bill 763 which was passed by the Texas legislature in May. SB 763 allows Texas schools to use safety funds to pay for chaplains to work in mental health roles or to allow volunteer chaplains in these roles. The bill requires each school board to take a vote on whether to adopt a policy authorizing a campus to employ or accept a volunteer chaplain.

The Board of Trustees will vote on whether to pass a resolution stating that FISD does not permit campuses to employ or accept volunteer chaplains to provide support, services, and programs for students.

Among other topics on the agenda is a vote on an updated Memorandum of Understanding agreement with Collin College for Dual Credit classes for juniors and seniors. 

The meeting will also include the public comment section, an opportunity for community members to communicate to the Board. A comprehensive look at the agenda for Monday’s meeting can be found at Friscoisd.org.