• April 26 is a bad weather make-up day (if needed)
  • Prom tickets are on sale, and the dance is on April 13

Wingspan’s Featured Athlete for 4/18 is tennis player, sophomore Anya Krishna (second from the left).
Featured Athlete: Vivianne Haggard
Ale Gonzalez, Sports Reporter

Wingspan: When and why did you start playing tennis? Haggard:...

Wingspan’s featured athlete for 4/4 is varsity track and field athlete, sophomore Cecelia Rowe.
Featured Athlete: Cecelia Rowe
Zachary Moland, Sports Reporter

Wingspan: When and why did you start participating...

Wingspan’s featured athlete for 3/28 is varsity baseball player, sophomore Nick Smith.
Featured Athlete: Nick Smith
Lilian Johnson, Sports Reporter

Wingspan: When and why did you start playing baseball? Smith:”I...

View All
April 29 Daily Update
April 29 Daily Update
Karina Grokhovskaya, WTV Executive Producer • April 29, 2024

WTV's Kathryn Murphy brings you today's news and announcements including early voting ending, closed advisory, and this week's edition of trivia.

Exclusive CTE open house on Wednesday for Spanish speaking families

Maya Silberman
Frisco ISD’s La Visión program is partnering with the CTE Center to give Spanish speaking families an exclusive open house tour of the CTE Center Wednesday from 6-8 p.m.

The Career and Technical Education Center is partnering with Frisco ISD’s La Vision to offer an exclusive open house tour for Spanish speaking families Wednesday from 6-8 p.m.

“FISD is an amazing district and we have everything that our students need to succeed; however, all this information is in English,” Elma Montenegro, the coordinator of La Vision said. “The mission of FISD La Visión is to bring all this information, already available in our website or in the community, to Spanish speaking students and families.” 

Spanish Family Night arose from a simple request by Montenegro to the CTE Center. From there, plans were put into place to allow families to tour the CTE Center, and have the opportunity to ask any questions that Montenegro is only more than happy to answer.

“Most of our newcomer families (immigrating from Latin American countries) need to know information about how our education system works in the U.S.,” Purl said. “Sometimes there are barriers [to education] because of their language,” Purl said. “So that’s what she [Montenegro] will be doing that night.”