The Weekly: spring fashion

For many people, a birthday is a yearly occasion. But for others, like drill team director Nicole Nothe (pictured), the event only comes once every 4 years: on Leap day.
Redhawks with Leap day birthdays get their chance to celebrate
Aditi Shah, WTV Staff Reporter

For certain people on campus, Thursday marks a very...

February 29 Daily Update
February 29 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer • February 29, 2024

Wingspan's Haley Ward brings you today's news and announcements, including the varsity girls basketball team heading to state, leap day birthdays,...

Exclusive CTE open house on Wednesday for Spanish speaking families

Maya Silberman
Frisco ISD’s La Visión program is partnering with the CTE Center to give Spanish speaking families an exclusive open house tour of the CTE Center Wednesday from 6-8 p.m.

The Career and Technical Education Center is partnering with Frisco ISD’s La Vision to offer an exclusive open house tour for Spanish speaking families Wednesday from 6-8 p.m.

“FISD is an amazing district and we have everything that our students need to succeed; however, all this information is in English,” Elma Montenegro, the coordinator of La Vision said. “The mission of FISD La Visión is to bring all this information, already available in our website or in the community, to Spanish speaking students and families.” 

Spanish Family Night arose from a simple request by Montenegro to the CTE Center. From there, plans were put into place to allow families to tour the CTE Center, and have the opportunity to ask any questions that Montenegro is only more than happy to answer.

“Most of our newcomer families (immigrating from Latin American countries) need to know information about how our education system works in the U.S.,” Purl said. “Sometimes there are barriers [to education] because of their language,” Purl said. “So that’s what she [Montenegro] will be doing that night.”