March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements...

The Weekly: spring fashion

March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer • March 1, 2024

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements including FISD's job fair, NHS applications and this week's edition of Real Talk.

Redhawks are now able to drop AP and Advanced classes

Christina Huang
With the new semester brings new courses for students, including those who dropped AP or advanced classes, are taking semester long courses, and seniors who switched between Economics and Government. For many classes, there are benefits and drawbacks to having a length of one semester.

The form is now available for students considering dropping an advanced or AP class for the second semester with students having until Dec. 14 to request changes.

“The AP drop window opens at the end of the semester to allow students the opportunity to maintain or possibly recover credit,” counselor Angela Lewis said. “It also allows a little flexibility for students if they changed their minds about their course career path or taking the course and AP test.”

AP Statistics teacher Jennifer Harrison encourages students to take agency over their learning and do what may be best for their education.

“I think every situation is different for every kid,” Harrison said. “If they’re really struggling with the course, it’s probably best that they drop and try it again next year or in college.”

For senior Caroline Wolfe, the drop window reduces stress.

“I think that the opportunity to drop is really important for people having a hard time with AP,” Wolfe said. “It’s nice to not be trapped in a course that someone might fail, and some people really need it.”