March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements...

The Weekly: spring fashion

March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer • March 1, 2024

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements including FISD's job fair, NHS applications and this week's edition of Real Talk.

Monthly Board meeting set for Monday evening

The+Board+of+Trustees+will+have+their+monthly+meeting+Monday+at+6%3A30+p.m.+
Remi Williams
The Board of Trustees will have their monthly meeting Monday at 6:30 p.m.

The Frisco ISD school board meets on Monday at 6:30 p.m. at the Frisco ISD administration building for the monthly board meeting.

The board will be updated on the Visual and Performing Arts Center, highlighting an approximately 1,200-seat performance hall, two multi-purpose labs, fine arts offices, an art exhibit gallery, and support spaces. 

Additionally, the board will discuss the proposed 2024-2025 school calendar, which plans for the school year to span from Aug. 12 to May 21. The calendar also proposes a Fall break from Nov. 1-5. 

The board will also act on approving the votes for the Collin and Denton County Appraisal District Board of Directors nominees.

The board will also act on budget transfers and amendments for the 2023-2024 general fund budget, which includes a $9,073,968 use of fund balance for the Jan. 2024 retention incentive. 

The full agenda is available online, and the meeting will be livestreamed Monday starting at 6:30 p.m.