• Advisory is closed for the final three weeks of school

May 1 Daily Update
May 1 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer • May 1, 2024

WTV's Joaquin Perez brings today's news and announcements, including dual credit, the APES wetlands project, and AP world history.

Love, Haley: my morning beauty routine

Haley Ward
In this weekly blog, senior Haley Ward shares a little bit of everything: deep dives on her favorite topics, her fashion favorites, and how to make the most out of your high school years.

I love getting ready in the morning, even if it is just for school! I’ve learned a lot about hair and makeup over the years and I feel pretty confident in my routine now! If you do not have an older sister or you are looking for some guidance, here is my getting ready routine in the morning!

Hair

How you style your hair really depends on your hair type, but for me, I like to run a blowout brush through my hair while it is around 80% air dried. Sometimes I will blow dry it before, but using a blowout brush is easier! The Dry Bar round brush is a great option! The best way to protect your hair from damage from heat is to use a heat protectant. I use the Dry Bar one, but there are so many options online. I recently started using the Oaui hair oil, and it makes my hair look so smooth after styling it! Using too much heat on your hair could damage it, so I try to style it right after washing and then wait until the next wash before applying more heat!

Makeup

I really struggled with acne before starting Accutane, and makeup really helped me with my confidence. I think makeup is a great thing and if it makes you feel great then why not wear it! I have had a lot of trial and error with makeup and I have especially learned which products will cause me to break out. The products shown on the right are all of my favorite products that I use in a normal makeup routine! I try to put good products on my skin, and Elf has so many cheaper (but just as amazing) products, a lot that I also keep in my makeup bag.

Over the years I have really curated my getting ready routine, so it is ok if yours is not how you envision it right now! Getting ready is such a fun thing to me, so I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!

Love, Haley