April 29 Daily Update
April 29 Daily Update
Karina Grokhovskaya, WTV Executive Producer • April 29, 2024

WTV's Kathryn Murphy brings you today's news and announcements including early voting ending, closed advisory, and this week's edition of trivia.

Deadline quickly approaches to apply for NHS

Varun Saravanan
National Honor Society applications for rising juniors and seniors are open now, but the deadline is quickly approaching. Prospective members must complete the application, including answering questions and getting teacher recommendations, by Friday at 4:30 p.m.

National Honor Society (NHS) member applications for rising juniors and seniors close Friday at 4:30 p.m.

“NHS is basically just gathering all the students in this school that are the most dedicated to academics and also community service,” NHS technology officer, senior Jason Xie said. “And we usually push out lots of opportunities for students to get involved in their community.”

The application is not required of juniors who are already in the program. Rather, it only applies to new members who have not yet joined and are hoping to take part.

Alongside a 4.0 weighted GPA, the application has a few other requirements.

“There is a link to a form you fill out first, before you should make sure to read our bylaws,” Xie said. “We’ll ask you for some of your teachers, so that they can fill out recommendations for you. And that’s just like a simple process, asking them to rate you on a few qualities. And if you have the required GPA, your recommendations and there’s nothing wrong with them, then you’ll just be accepted into NHS.”