• April 26 is a bad weather make-up day (if needed)
  • Prom tickets are on sale, and the dance is on April 13

Wingspan’s Featured Athlete for 4/18 is tennis player, sophomore Anya Krishna (second from the left).
Featured Athlete: Vivianne Haggard
Ale Gonzalez, Sports Reporter

Wingspan: When and why did you start playing tennis? Haggard:...

Wingspan’s featured athlete for 4/4 is varsity track and field athlete, sophomore Cecelia Rowe.
Featured Athlete: Cecelia Rowe
Zachary Moland, Sports Reporter

Wingspan: When and why did you start participating...

Wingspan’s featured athlete for 3/28 is varsity baseball player, sophomore Nick Smith.
Featured Athlete: Nick Smith
Lilian Johnson, Sports Reporter

Wingspan: When and why did you start playing baseball? Smith:”I...

View All
Upcoming Games
Liberty
Centennial
Apr 23 /7:30 / Baseball
Liberty
Centennial
Apr 25 /7:30 / Baseball
Liberty
Varsity District
Apr 25 /8:00 / Tennis
Liberty
State 5A Championships
May 3 / Track and Field
Liberty
UIL Regionals
May 8 /8:00 / Tennis
April 19 Daily Update
April 19 Daily Update
Karina Grokhovskaya, WTV Executive Producer • April 19, 2024

WTV's Karina Grokhovskaya brings you today's news and announcements including early voting for school board, Special Olympics, and this week's...

Students take part in ISM showcase Friday

Sarah Boutouis
Students who take part in the Independent Study and Mentorship program are showing off their research Friday. Their final presentation will be Apr. 23.

Students in the Independent Study & Mentorship program are showing off their research in their annual showcase Friday at University of North Texas at Frisco at 6 p.m.

“The ISM showcase is where all the students in FISD and the district have display boards and they show off all their research they’ve done of the semester,” ISM teacher Courtney Benson said. “Students get a chance to present and they can show off their work for family and friends.”

The showcase provides students with an opportunity to gather feedback on their research and refine it for their final presentation Apr. 23.

“I’m looking most forward to being able to show my work to not only my peers but other adults, teachers, and professionals,” junior Aashi Oswal said. “I think it is important to be able to show off the hard work ISM students have been doing recently and get feedback to understand how to make our projects and research better for our final presentations.”

Students have been preparing all week for the showcase by organizing their research in a presentable format.

“I prepared by doing a lot of ground research in the beginning and making sure my product such as my presentation and binder were professional,” Oswal said. “I had to do a lot of basic work in making sure all of my work was in a professional format so I could seem better prepared.”

Junior Neha Joseph is looking most forward to seeing her classmate’s year long research projects. 

“I’m excited to present my work and get feedback from my peers and look at my peers and other classmate’s work in ISM,” Joseph said. “I’m just really looking forward to seeing everyone’s projects and their work and learning more about different fields.”