• Frisco ISD Board of Trustees monthly meeting is Dec. 11 at 6:30 p.m.
  • There will be no advisory period Dec. 18-21
  • Frisco ISD Cheer Showcase Dec. 7
  • Winter Break is Dec. 22-Jan. 9

Saturday marks the district meet for Model UN at Grand Prairie High School. “The basis of MUN is that you’re preparing something about your country’s stance on a certain topic - it’s a mock United Nations,” undersecretary of conference and delegate trainer sophomore Jiya Sharma said.
District meet on Saturday for Model UN
Nidhi Thomas, Staff Reporter

The road to state begins Saturday as Redhawks in Model...

After years of practice, sophomore Mason Classe landed her long dreamed role in the Nutcracker: the Sugar Plum Fairy.
Dancer's 13-year journey crescendos to the lead role
Olivia Pulley, Staff Reporter

She has spent 13 years preparing for this opportunity. In...

December 8 Daily Update
December 8 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer • December 8, 2023

WTV's Joaquin Perez brings you today's news and announcements, including a biology lab, the AP drop window, and today's sports.

Students get ready to dance through the decades at HOCO

Haley W
The wait for the annual Homecoming dance is over. Students can enjoy dancing through the decades on Saturday from 7-10 p.m at The Nest.

From the 70s, 80s, and 90s, students are going to be “Dancing Through the Decades” at Saturday’s homecoming dance in the gym from 7-10 p.m. 

Student Council president, senior Haley Ward is excited to see all the hard work pay off.

“Homecoming is our biggest event in Student Council, so we have been preparing and planning since last school year,” Ward said. “We have been planning out the dance, decorations around the school, theme days, and just how to make this year special. Our members have worked so hard with making posters and planning.”

Leading up to Saturday’s dance, StuCo sponsored five dress up theme days. 

“The theme days are centered around different decades, and I am so excited to see how all of the students dress up for them,” Ward said.

Thursday’s theme was dedicated to mums and garters, one of Texas’s most famous homecoming traditions, which surprised freshman Skylar Hubert.

“I didn’t know what [mums and garters] were,” Hubert said. “But now that I do and I keep seeing them everywhere, some of them are really big, and it’s surprising.”

For her first homecoming, Hubert is looking forward to spending time with friends.

“I’m excited to be able to spend time with my friends,” she said. “I feel very excited because I’m the first child, so my mom is very excited, too.”

Meanwhile for seniors such as Kirtana Gadde, there are some bittersweet feelings about her last homecoming.

“It’ll be one last school dance with my friends,” Gadde said. “My last homecoming. I’m really excited to make one night of memories because I only had three years of homecoming, so this being my last one is tying up my high school experience.”