• Advisory is closed for the final three weeks of school

Wingspan’s featured athlete for 5/2 is varsity baseball player, sophomore Nathan Wixon.
Featured Athlete: Nathan Wixon
Neta Even, Guest Contributer

Wingspan: What is your favorite part about playing...

May 8 Daily Update
May 8 Daily Update
Karina Grokhovskaya, WTV Executive Producer • May 8, 2024

WTV's Karina Grokhovskaya brings you today's news and announcements including, precalc ceiling title project, digital media, and this edition...

Top finishes for cross country at the Southlake Invitational

Jason Helmick, JHelmickphotography
Cross country took on the rigorous course of the Southlake Invitational with top finishes for both boys and girls. “I am very satisfied with the time I ran this weekend,” Senior Sydni Wilkins said.

Cross country competed in the Southlake Invitational on Saturday morning, arguably the most mentally challenging course of the season according to head coach Khera Vay.

“The challenges are due to racers being able to see the entire field the entire race and the many curves and turns that have to be navigated,” coach Khera Vay said. “As a coach, I appreciate the mental challenge it gives our athletes and the acceptance from each athlete.”

Senior Sydni Wilkins accepted the challenge of the difficult course and finished first out of 120 girls, leading the team to place 5th out of 15 schools.

“I am very satisfied with the time I ran this weekend,” Wilkins said. “I had a major PR, and it was definitely nice that the course was super flat and fast.”

On the boys’ side, 21 runners ran personal bests including senior Vedant Shah.

“I ran my PR by a couple of seconds, but I do think I could’ve ran better,” Shah said. “I wasn’t as consistent as I wanted to be, I think I ran my first mile a little too quickly.”