February 26 Daily Update
February 26 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer

Wingspan's Maya Silberman brings you today's news and...

The Weekly: prom and princesses

February 26 Daily Update
February 26 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer • February 26, 2024

Wingspan's Maya Silberman brings you today's news and announcements, including NHS applications, ceramics class, and English I project.

Searching for their first win of the season, football takes on Lone Star

Jason Helmick, JHelmickphotography
Hoping to get their first win of the season, Redhawk football takes on Lone Star at the Ford Center Thursday. But the continues struggle with injuries affects the team.

The football team is still searching for their first win of the season as they take on Lone Star Thursday at the Ford Center.

“It’s a great opportunity, a top 10 team, and were understaffed once again,” head coach Matt Swinnea said. “So like I told the guys, it’s kinda an epic challenge. Not a lot of people get that opportunity to get out there and play hard and reap the reward.”

But the team continues to fight injuries, only having 27 available players for Thursday’s game.

“It’s on the offensive line that were kinda thin,” Swinnea said. “Most schools have about 20 that play there, we got 5, and so that’s gonna be a challenge. It’s kinda forced us to you know, make some changes on what we’re doing, and it’s not necessarily what we start[ed] out doing, but it’s what we got.”

Junior Khaleb Cooper has been out with a concussion but hopes to return against Lone Star.

“I should be back for tonight hopefully,” Cooper said. “I’m not nervous [to return], it’s another game, I’m gone play like a regular game.”