March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements...

The Weekly: spring fashion

March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer • March 1, 2024

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements including FISD's job fair, NHS applications and this week's edition of Real Talk.

Seniors played on home turf for the last time

Jason Helmick, JHelmickphotography
Pictured seniors Noah Chang and Trey Laurent stepped onto their home turf, the Ford Center, for the last time this year Friday. Laurent reflects on Friday’s game.

In their rivalry game against Lebanon Trail on Friday at the Ford Center, the Redhawk football team was unable to come out on top, losing 39-18 to the Trailblazers. 

“We came out the gate really well, and brought a lot of energy from the first kickoff,” junior Jacob Nickell said. “But, we just ran into some problems and adjusted to them a little too late.”

Even with the loss, there was still some success on the field with the team scoring their highest point total of the year.

“Obviously, we felt pretty good being able to trade blows with them early in the game,” head coach Matt Swinnea said. “We thought we could surprise them with the trick play to start the game and we did. It was our highest point total of the year so we were glad for that.”

The end of Friday’s game marked the last home game for the 2023 football season. For senior Trey Laurent, the game was bittersweet. 

“It’s sad that we lost it and I wish I could’ve come out with a win,” Laurent said. “And it’s sad knowing that it’s the last one, but I’m glad I was able to play it with my teammates.”