February 26 Daily Update
February 26 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer

Wingspan's Maya Silberman brings you today's news and...

The Weekly: prom and princesses

February 26 Daily Update
February 26 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer • February 26, 2024

Wingspan's Maya Silberman brings you today's news and announcements, including NHS applications, ceramics class, and English I project.

Football’s last chance at a win

Jason Helmick, JHelmickphotography
Still searching for their first win, Redhawk football has one last chance to make it happen Friday against Sherman. For Redhawk seniors, they have on last game as a Redhawk football player.

Redhawk football has one last chance to win a district 6-5A game, Friday when they travel to take on Sherman High School at 7:00 p.m.

“Well obviously we would love to go out with a win,” head coach Matt Swinnea said. “And I think just that the guys enjoy their last game, last road opportunity with everybody that we play.”

In his last game as a Redhawk football player, senior Sam Sherman just hopes to leave it all on the field. 

“Kinida sad that it’s all coming to an end,” Sherman said. “I hope to keep the friendships that I’ve gotten from being in football and to end of the season well by playing with everything I got.”

For the 2023 season, the Redhawk had 13 seniors with Swinnea having a final message for them before their last game as a Redhawk football player. 

“Thank you,” Swinnea said. “The fact that you know there is not very many of them, but you know, they need to pat themselves on the back because they stuck it out. Football is a very tough game and to come out and stick it out that says a lot about them.”