February 26 Daily Update
February 26 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer

Wingspan's Maya Silberman brings you today's news and...

The Weekly: prom and princesses

February 26 Daily Update
February 26 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer • February 26, 2024

Wingspan's Maya Silberman brings you today's news and announcements, including NHS applications, ceramics class, and English I project.

Volleyball is playoff bound

After+being+crowned+District+10-5A+champions+last+week%2C+with+a+perfect+record%2C+Redhawk+volleyball+heads+into+their+first+round+of+playoffs.+The+team+will+look+to+soar+over+The+Colony+Tuesday+at+Hebron.+
provided by Redhawk volleyball
After being crowned District 10-5A champions last week, with a perfect record, Redhawk volleyball heads into their first round of playoffs. The team will look to soar over The Colony Tuesday at Hebron.

After managing to stay unbeaten and winning the District 10-5A championship, Redhawks volleyball is off to Hebron High School Monday at 6:30 p.m. where they will face The Colony in the first round of the playoffs.

“We are feeling confident and excited to start playoffs,” head coach Eighmy Dobbins said. “We have been working on our blocking and some adjustments to our defense.”

The Colony finished fourth in their district with a record of 8-6. The Redhawks have yet to play the Cougars this year, but senior Gabbi Facsiano is up for the challenge.

“We are confident in ourselves and know we are better than them,” she said. “Our biggest strength is that we have so so many hitters that you can’t leave anyone unattended.”

Even with all the confidence, the Redhawks must still look out for the Colony’s strong outside hitter.

“Their outside is definitely their go-to player in the front and back row,” junior Sophie Paulo said. “She’s a really smart player so we definitely need to keep an eye on her and talk about what she’s running & how she plans to score.”