March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements...

The Weekly: spring fashion

March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer • March 1, 2024

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements including FISD's job fair, NHS applications and this week's edition of Real Talk.

Soundtrack of Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes captures ears

With the fifth installment of the hunger Games movie franchise, Ballad of Songbirds, comes a riveting soundtrack. With a combination of different genres of music, the Hunger Games soundtrack continues to be a fan favorite.

The dystopian Hunger Games movie franchise has had a history of having beautiful music in the movies since 2012. With their new movie The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes’, the release of the soundtrack was highly anticipated, and it gave the listeners exactly what they wanted. 

The soundtrack includes songs by Olivia Rodrigo, and Rachel Zegler, two incredibly talented artists that captured the dystopian vibe of the films.

The song “Can’t Catch Me Now” by Rodrigo, tricks you with the name. You would think it’s a fast paced song for an action scene, but once you press play, you get smooth vocals and a story being told. The lyrics “I’m in the trees, I’m in the breeze, my footsteps on the ground” describes the characters actions throughout the movie. Once she says “You can’t catch me now” the listener can assume whoever the song is about isn’t there in that situation anymore. 

In addition, the original version of “The Hanging Tree” was written by James Newton Howard, and is now covered by Zegler for the prequel of the franchise. Her cover put a new twist on the song, adding a depth to vocals that weren’t there before. 

The rest of the soundtrack is a mix of fast paced and slower paced music, all written and orchestrated by James Newton Howard. 

Another song, “Nothing You Can Take from Me”, which Zegler’s character sings at the reaping, features her singing about her charm, humor, and wealth, stating it’s something the Capitol can’t take from her. This is a song of rebellion placed that is well placed in the movie. 

The new songs are an amazing addition to the Hunger Games’ musical side of the franchise , and add a new depth to the film.