March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements...

The Weekly: spring fashion

March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer • March 1, 2024

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements including FISD's job fair, NHS applications and this week's edition of Real Talk.

6A McKinney proves to be best at The Nest

Christine Han
After a loss against Heritage on Tuesday, the boys’ basketball team will no longer be eligible for playoffs. Although, with playoffs out of sight, the team is still prepared to bring it all in their last four games.

Taking on a 6A neighbor in a non-district contest, the boys’ basketball team (3-8) lost to McKinney 53-42 at The Nest.

“I thought we played really well,” head coach Bruce Wright said. “I thought we embraced the challenge of one of the better teams we played all year.” 

Coming in with a record of 8-2, McKinney posed a challenge, with the loss leaving Wright feeling good about the direction of the team.

“Our defense is starting to turn around,” Wright said. “[Mckinney] averages 70 points [a game] and we held them in the 50s, their lowest offensive output pretty much all season. If we can play defense like that, we’ll give ourselves a chance to win every game we play.”