March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements...

The Weekly: spring fashion

March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer • March 1, 2024

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements including FISD's job fair, NHS applications and this week's edition of Real Talk.

Playoffs on the line for boys’ basketball

Addyson Schick
After a win against Independence on Tuesday, the boys’ basketball team requires another win on Friday to secure a chance at playoffs. The team will take on Memorial for the second time this season at 7:15 away.

With a playoff spot on the line for the Redhawks boys’ basketball team, they will take on the Memorial Warriors at 7:15 p.m. on Friday.

After losing 64-49 in the first round of District 10-5A play to the 9-3 Warriors, Friday’s game is expected to be a tough matchup.

“Last time against Memorial we were within five points going into the 4th quarter and let it slip away,” assistant coach Bo Wilson said. “They have a talented team that’s still in the running for a district title so they’re going to come out ready to play.”

Currently sitting at seventh in district, the Redhawks must win the remaining two games to secure a spot in playoffs.

“I’m really just focused on winning and helping in every way I can to give our seniors the best chance at making the playoffs,” freshman Ian Williams said.