March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements...

The Weekly: spring fashion

March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer • March 1, 2024

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements including FISD's job fair, NHS applications and this week's edition of Real Talk.

Pop of Culture: Christmas movies

In+this+weekly+blog%2C+staff+reporter+Lilian+Johnson+talks+about+everything+pop+culture.+
Rin Ryu
In this weekly blog, staff reporter Lilian Johnson talks about everything pop culture.

One of my favorite aspects of the holidays is watching Christmas movies. I try to plan out the month of December so I can watch all of my favorites. Between classics and new movies, there are so many options to put you in the Christmas spirit.

New Christmas themed movies that have come out this year and are available to stream are Genie, Candy Cane Lane, Best. Christmas. Ever!, and Dashing Through the Snow. If you prefer something a little less cheesy, you can see The Holdovers in theaters.

Lots of theaters replay popular Christmas movies during December, usually for a discounted price. This could be a fun activity to do with family and friends especially when it’s cold outside. 

Many people consider It’s A Wonderful Life to be the best Christmas movie of all time, which I very much agree with. The classic 1946 film is not only about Christmas, but about family, love, faith, and more. The simplicity of the vintage black and white is comforting. Even if you haven’t seen the movie you probably know the classic line that is featured in many other Christmas movies – “Every time a bell rings, an angel gets its wings.”

On Christmas Day after eating breakfast and opening presents, I always enjoy lounging around with A Christmas Story in the background during its 24-hour marathon. It’s one of my favorite traditions.

Christmas movies give us an escape from our lives while putting us in the holiday spirit. Whether you prefer the cliche Hallmark movies or more sophisticated films like Love Actually, there are many options for your to waste your time away.